Thursday, February 24, 2011

Unexpected Words…

I’ve heard many things over the years, but yesterday a few simple words brought me to tears…

Sometimes people still amaze me by what they say. Yesterday was inspiring to me by the words “you are very talented.” 

I’ve had friends tell me the same words “you are very talented” before but they never had such a powerful affect on me before.

I have worked very hard over the years and through it all I’ve always tried to keep a smile on my face even when having a bad day.

Reflecting on my life and knowing I’ve really never had anyone in it who has supported me, it’s always been me supporting someone else; I found myself in tears.

It wasn’t because I was sad. It was more so a relief knowing God has put a man in my life that really gets it. By no means did it happen over night because we have been dating now for almost 9 months. To simply put it- it was ‘amazing’ to feel the rush of emotions from hearing those words.

Sometimes our lives have twist and turns we don’t expect and with them come emotions we are never totally prepared for when they come. It was the unexpected words uttered which showed me God has been listening to my prayers of finding a deeper understanding of who I am and where my path is heading.

The rush of emotions that came over me is hard to put into words but I’ll try; it was like an instant connection to knowing how true happiness is meant to be felt. Knowing the man I love gets me along with an answered prayer was liken to being filled with the Holy Spirit. It moves through you in a flash. For someone who has never felt the Holy Spirit move you then I would say it’s like going from zero to 70 in point 2 seconds. It was an adrenaline rush and my only way of not exploding was to let the tears roll.

God answers prayers in three ways:

Yes!

No!

And not right now!

All of them may not happen immediately but when you get an answer from a prayer which has been a while in coming it tends to take your breath away! Yesterday, I found through unexpected words the answer to one of my prayers which I didn’t expect!

Never give up on your prayers and never give up on shining your light for others to see God working through you!

Be Blessed,

Dee Stevens

Ezra 9:8 (New International Version, ©2010)-8 “But now, for a brief moment, the LORD our God has been gracious in leaving us a remnant and giving us a firm place in his sanctuary, and so our God gives light to our eyes and a little relief in our bondage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *