Saturday, February 26, 2011

Relationships...is yours weak or strong?

I was once told it's the little things in life that can mean the most. It is so very true!

We live in a world of the internet, like social networking which can be wonderful! Just look at the way I'm able to communicate with the world through my blog your reading right now!

Recently I found a posting on the FaceBook page of the love of my life. Before I go on I do need to let you know how I was asked, because of something which happened in his past on FaceBook,  not to post personal things on his wall. Because I respect his feelings I have refrained from posting anything of a personal nature. 

When I found another woman had posted a thank you for stopping by it meant a lot and love you...It wasn't a big deal it just hit me wrong another woman could express how she appreciated something he had done but I was respecting his wishes not to do the same... it took me to a place in my past which made my heart sink for a moment. 

It was an ugly memory of my own which had creped in and caused doubt in my mine. Because I share and communicate with him my feelings he removed it. I thought it was a sweet and unselfish thing he had done. Like I said it wasn't a big deal, it just hit me wrong. 

I'm not a typical woman in the south who feels a guy can't have female friends or a woman can't have guy friends. When you think this way it's like your trying to have a dictatorship in the relationship. Controlling another person will only lead to resentment in the relationship.

Being I trust him at his word, even after all I have been through in my past, it felt really wonderful when he showed with his actions he cared about my feelings by letting me know who the person was and what he had done adding he didn't think it was a big deal. He didn't have to go the extra mile of explaining things to me or remove the post but he did.  It was those actions he took which showed me how much he cared about my feelings. 

It might not seem like a big thing but all the little things add up when it comes to helping someone you love get past their bad memories for events in their lives.

God shows us in his word how to put it in his hands and one of my favorite lessons in the Bible is about forgiveness! I had to forgive the ones who have wronged me to move forward and let go of my past. 

Being human sometimes little things will remind us of our own insecurities. It's up to us on how we handle those feelings to get past them.

I want to thank the love of my life for doing what he did and also add those little things are why I love you so much!

Be Blessed,

Dee Stevens

Acts 13:38 (New International Version, ©2010) 
38 “Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *