Thursday, November 20, 2014

Listen with not only your ears but your heart too!


Do you find yourself so caught up in this fast paced world, when you don't get the answer quick enough you stop listening because you are already seeking the next question?

After much prayer about a personal matter, I prayed for honesty, along with courage and the words to say.  Today I sat down and had a heart to heart with this person who has been very close to me.

During our conversation I experienced a deeper form of listening. I shut up after I asked the question and just listened. Not only with my ears but with my heart. I was living in the moment and what I experienced was simply amazing! 

We all know that men and women think so differently! If we took more time learning to lean on God and taking our issues to him in prayer first our world would be so much different!

Philippians 4:7 (NIV)

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
To live this kind of peace beyond our own understanding is the most wonderful feeling in the world. If we live of or for the world there is turmoil, which the enemy delights in using part truths to spread his lies. Getting inside your head with doubts and fears.
When you allow this to happen you have no peace.

Job 3:26 (NIV) 

I have no peace, no quietness; I have no rest, but only turmoil.

God's timing is not always our timing, nor do we get many season with people we love. I have had to lean, let go and let God handle it.

Daniel 2:21 (NIV)

He changes times and seasons; he deposes kings and raises up others.He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning.

Not only did I listen with my ears I also used my heart, and in the process I have learned - I can live in a moment, laugh through the tears all while sharing God's love Always!
Have a Bless Day,
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *