Friday, November 14, 2014

Are you just the News Feed of the moment?



Recently, I made comment to a picture on Facebook. I purposely left it open ended. It could have been taken in a negative way, if someone tends to lean that way.


I was told my comment was meant to embarrassed this person. Which was the furthest from the truth. No matter what I said this person was convinced I was trying to make them look bad. I ended up editing my comment and added a public apology stating if anyone wanted to know why I posted what I did to send me a message.


Later that night I sent an email to this person letting them again I would never try to hurt them especially on Facebook, which was also in my edit to my comment on Facebook. Also added their life would be less stressful and happier if they wouldn’t worry about what other people think so much. There is only one person who’s thought really matters and that’s God!


I described the whole thing in a nutshell: “you’re just a moment of the Facebook newsfeed…” People don’t care about what was said, they’re more concerned about what’s important like family, friends and loved ones.


Unless of course they are people more focused on judging others.




God’s word talks about Judging Others:


Matthew 7:1-6 (NIV)


1 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. 3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye. 6 “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.


Often I see people judging others while not even seeing what they are doing as judging. A person who judges says something along the following:


That person is sinning / not sinning
(Or more descriptively)
That person is acting / not acting according to God’s will
(Or more secularly)
That person is acting in a harmful / non harmful manner
(Or more comparatively)
I am acting in a better / worse manner than that person


So often, when focusing on the world we don’t even notice when we are judging a book by it’s cover! We are human and it’s going to happen but it’s up to us to ask forgiveness, and to look in our own mirror.


What amazes me is how many people with really low self esteem are more concerned about what others think than what God thinks. Yes, we are human and tend to lean more on what the world thinks and the people in it.


We need to really dive into God’s word and pay attention to the people that are brought into our lives for a reason. God speaks to us in many ways it’s up to us to pay attention!


It could be a posting on Facebook, or in a conversation with someone close to you and even straight from God’s word!


Have you ever been offended by someone blocking you on Facebook? If we are honest with ourselves at first we are! As we start to question what could we have done to have this happen. Think about it this way, it’s their choice to do this and it could have nothing at all to do with you! As I’ve said before we tend to lean more toward our worldly rejection reaction then to step back and look at it as a blessing.


We all have choices in life and just because it’s not what we would do doesn’t mean we have to react in blaming yourself or something you could have done that caused it. People are brought into our lives for seasons sometimes.


I’m reminded of the passage:


Daniel 2:21
21 He changes times and seasons; he deposes kings and raises up others. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning.


Sometimes we need to look before and after the scripture which comes to mind:

Daniel 2:19-23(NIV)

19 During the night the mystery was revealed to Daniel in a vision. The Daniel praised the God of heaven. 20 and said: “Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are his. 21 He changes times and seasons; he deposes kings and raises up others. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. 22 He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him. 23 I thank and praise you, God of my ancestors: you have given me wisdom and power, you have made known to me what we asked of you, you have made known to us the dream of the king.”

How often do we not look at the bigger picture, the cause and effect, the meat of the meaning or in this case more of the before and after of the scripture that comes to mind as we learn even more as we try to grow closer and lean on our heavenly father!


Just sharing some love as I live another day and remember there is always a way to laugh. Let’s try harder not to judge others and remember when the season is ending as the next one is beginning!
Have a Blessed Day!
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *