Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year... Forgiveness!

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and I hope the words you read will help you in someway today.
We are now 5 days into the New Year and I wish you and yours a very blessed year.
I have learned so much in the past week to not share with you how God has worked in my life.
The man I loved with all my heart hurt me deeply with lies. Through it all I got a chance to meet the other women he had been lied to and have seen the pattern and pain.


I won't lie my first thoughts were to hurt him as much as he had hurt me, I'm only human. During it all I've cried right along with one of them who told me "I don't need you today, I might not need you tomorrow but 6 months down the road I need to know you will be there for me".
At first I didn't understand what she said but I do now.
We sat together and prayed. I forgave this man for what he had done. 
Forgiveness is not as hard as people think it is! Forgetting about it and letting go of the pain takes a little more time.



2 Corinthians 2:5

New International Version (NIV)
Forgiveness for the Offender
 5 If anyone has caused grief, he has not so much grieved me as he has grieved all of you to some extent—not to put it too severely.

This man has blamed me for it all. I think he truly believes the lies he as said out loud. I know the truth. This was not a plan to hurt him... I didn't go into his phone and steal the numbers of the other women.  Really? I asked myself over and over again, can he not see what he did was wrong? I've been able to step back and look at the situation and see it for what it is and that is he wronged not only me but lied to these other women and as long as he continues to spread these lies he will never see what he has done is wrong and can never truly live with the peace God has placed in my heart.
I have been told by my friends "I hope you're not going to continue to see him" or "your not going to let him sweet talk you into being with him again". The answer remains the same "NO".

In my life I have forgiven those who have hurt me and only wished them well.
 I'm not going to say it doesn't hurt but with God's love and peace he has placed on my heart I am able to take each day one moment at a time. Later it will be one day at a time.
There is much more evil in the world and people who have been hurt more than I have!
Today I ask for your prayers not only for myself and the other women, I ask you put peace in this man's heart. I pray God use what has happen to us to teach us all our own lessons we are to learn. 

I've always been a person who believes God works through all of us to show us and guide us on the paths we need to be on.
I truly believe he opened our eyes and brought us into each others lives for a reason. It's up to us to figure out what those reasons are.

As I said I forgave this man for his lies and only pray one day he learn from his mistakes.
This is my prayer!

Proverbs 12:18

New International Version (NIV)
 18 The words of the reckless pierce like swords,
   but the tongue of the wise brings healing.

I hope my words have helped someone begin to heal.


Have a Blessed Day!
Live, Laugh and Love,
Dee Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *